Shepherd's Haven

Welcome to my blog! Here I will ramble on about my family, my animals, my hobbies and whatever else comes to mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Lyons, Indiana, United States

My name is Beth and I am a 47 year old Christian wife and mom to 2 adult children. My husband and I have raised sheep for 17 years here in southern Indiana. I hope you enjoy my blog!

Thursday, December 14, 2006

New family member...



Meet Phoebe. Phoebe is an 18 month old Yorkiepoo (Yorkshire Terrier/Poodle mix) who, before becoming a member of our family, was used for breeding in a puppy mill. She wasn't doing a very good job of producing puppies, so was going to be euthanized when I found out about her. I called hubby and told him about her and he said, "Bring her home." He's such a sweetie!



She was very fearful at first as she has had very little if any positive human contact in her life. She also moves like greased lightening! For the first 2 weeks I kept a leash attached to her collar because the only way to catch her was to grab the leash as she ran past. Once caught she settled down and would sleep in my lap for as long as I wanted to sit down. She is gradually overcoming her fears and now loves to be picked up and held.






Seriously, how cute is this? She is doing amazingly well with potty-training, not so well learning to sleep in a crate, but she's doing better. She was spayed yesterday, so no more puppies, EVER! She is turning into a very sweet, loving little dog who keeps us laughing with her antics.




Tucker isn't quite sure what to think about her though, but he's coming around. He was a little distressed earlier today because she was sleeping on his blankie but he ended up just laying next to her. She likes to chase him when he runs through the house, and he's not sure what to think obout that, either. I think they'll be good friends eventually.

2 Comments:

Blogger Me said...

My God she is the CUTENSS! She looks like a good match for my silky terrier. ;) Doggy dating...I am a blogging friend of Amanda.:)

2:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have seen pictures of her Fabulous Dog--he would be a PERFECT boyfriend for Phoebe...except for the fact that she is afraid of everything...

7:30 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home